Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Beware the "Easy" WOD

Actually, today's post could have several titles...

"Things not Tolerated at the Box"
"How to Get the Stink-eye from Dan"
"How to Look Like a Total Novice in 3 Easy Steps"
"How to Administer the Evil Eye and Not Flip the Bird"
"Kick 'em When They're Down..."
"How to Torture a Stay at Home Mom"

I don't need to go into all the embarrassing details of why these are potential titles, but suffice it to say, I've earned all of them.

Today's WOD was "easy"--What that means is I didn't have to learn a new movement, but I will say that the skill coaching on double-unders was very helpful (thanks, Nick!) and added a few more to my bag. I still need to do singles in a WOD, but I will keep practicing and eventually will be doing doubles with the best of them.

4 Rounds
40 double-unders (or 120 singles)
15 burpees
time: 12:06

THEN...(this is where I had to administer the evil eye) I had barely caught my breath (meanwhile the buff-bods had been done for like, hours and they were fresh and ready for another three wods) and Nick says "Grab a medicine ball..." Uh-oh. That meant ab work.

Remember the torture of passing the ball down the line in a v-hold? Well, it wasn't that, but it was like it in torture-value. It was more like a TABATA--we did 45 seconds of something, then 15 seconds of moving the ball back and forth, touching the floor each time, and then resting for about 3 milliseconds 10 or 15 seconds. I was in agony! Core work is absolutely, completely my weakest area, and after the WOD I was ready to go home. There is this part of me that hates ab work with a passion, but this other part that knows I need it so I want more of it. Oh, and the way you get the stink-eye from Dan is to moan too loudly about the pain and frustration you're feeling. He doesn't like that. I'm sure I don't like it either. I'll try to complain silently next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment