Monday, January 21, 2013

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy...

Today I was draggin'. Normally after the warm-up I am feeling ready for the WOD, able to take on whatever...Not today. I almost went home. I was still feeling like I had sandpaper in my eyeballs and lead in my shoes. Admittedly, there are reasons, but I decided to push through and do what I could of the WOD.

Today's torture was "Cindy"
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats
AMRAP for 20 min!

When we started I found that the thickest gray band that I have been using for assisted pull-ups was too thick for me! I was not having to work at all to get my chin over the bar, so I requested the next size down, which was much more challenging. Midway through I had to add a small band to the green one for a bit of extra boost, but I didn't have that "sling-shot" effect that I was having at first. The push-ups (on my knees) were very manageable and I made a maximum effort on my squats. I concentrated on getting the "hip crease below the knee" and keeping my knees in line over my toes. At one point Nick came along and counted my chips (I had done 9 rounds) and he encouraged me to complete 10 total rounds.

I completed 12.
Crushed it.
Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment