Monday, May 6, 2013

Row, Row, Row your...rowing machine...

Okay--I am NOT a cardio girl. I do not like rowing. Mind you I like rowing better than running, but that is not saying much...

I don't like the scrunched up feeling, I do not like watching the meters tick down and the time tick up, I do not like the burn-y feeling in my hamstrings that I have when I get off the rower, and why in the name of Pete do they always make us do SQUATS when we get done with the rowing?

I swear to you I was having flashbacks to pregnancy when I was rowing today because I could not get a deep breath while I was hunched over on the rower. I figured out after a while how to catch a deeper breath while I was in the fully extended position, but really I needed about five good breaths at once, and I was getting about half of one. Even so, I survived.

Today's WOD:
12 minute cap
2000 m row
AMRAP in time remaining 5 squats, 3 burpees

score: 9:56 / 3 rounds

In honor of today's WOD, my amazingly creative, not to mention poetic (not!) son sang me a new version of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat." It goes:

Row, row, row your rowing machine
gently down the box
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Pain is justafigmentofyourimagination.

(smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment