Friday, May 10, 2013

Another Day in the Bag...

This morning I meant it. I called Candace and told her, "I'm not going today." She said she totally understood why...my back was so sore, my arm has been sore for months, I was up late with my daughter who got in big trouble last night, and I was having an allergic reaction in my left eye, which has been causing me to wake with puffy, crusty eyes and a miserable outlook on life.

Typically, I leave for the box at 8:30. At 8:25 I was sitting at my desk with my coffee half-drunk, enjoying my pajamas and the fact that my husband was telecommuting, and 20 minutes after that I am standing in front of the whiteboard at the box wondering how I got there. What is wrong with me? I can't not go! Something must be wrong with my brain when I cannot refuse to go to a place where I sweat, suffer, and endure the biggest aches and pains I have ever had.

Today's WOD:

AMRAP in 12:
3 muscle-ups (6 m-u transitions for scaling)
10 kb swings
25 double-unders or 75 singles

So I stayed, sweated it out, and afterwards worked on my rope-climb skills. I will reach the red line tomorrow. Just need to figure out how to keep my foot j-hooked on the rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment