Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Been Waiting for This One

Today's WOD:

50 walking lunges
50 push ups
50 double-unders (150 singles)
25 knees to elbow
5 rope climb
50 box jumps
25 overhead squats
25 L pull-ups
50 sit ups

Yup, 5 rope climbs. Seeing as how I had never done even 1, or gone near the ropes in my whole 6 months at CF, I was a tad worried. I have thought about it a lot since starting. When I was a kid, I used to climb a rope that hung in my neighbor's tree almost every day in the summer. It was awesome! HOWEVER I am a tiny bit older and not as light and easy as I was then...

Dan showed us the proper way to hook our feet and stand up on the rope one foot on the other, and hello! I could climb the stinkin' rope! I was so excited not to be an utter failure at a skill the first time trying it for a change! I got within one pull or maybe two from the red line, and made the mistake of looking down. (sigh) I kind of freaked out at how high up I was and wondered how to get down without dying, so I lost my nerve and didn't go the rest of the way up, but at least now I know that I can climb the rope if I want to! I scaled the 5 rope climbs during the WOD (I was just thrilled with my limited success on the warm-up) and genuinely look forward to doing this skill again.

No comments:

Post a Comment