Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bench Press Whaaaaa?

Really? Only 85# on a 3 RM. Hm. I could have sworn I could do more.

Never mind...the fun part today was coach Lloyd's diabolical gem after the bench presses. I really need to work on my core strength, so I never mind when the coach led core work comes up (it's always a surprise) no matter how much it hurts when I'm doing it. We drew chips out of a bag, then found our partner (the person whose chip color matched yours). I was paired with a visitor from out of town (who happened to be a very nice lady and a decent match).

20 straight-leg situp med-ball passes
30 flutter kicks / bar hang (partner hangs while other kicks)
40 Russian twists / plank hold

Hard, but good, and a note of progress: When I first started CF I could not do Russian twists without resting my feet on the floor to support me in the hollow body position. Today, I was able to hold the position through the entire set.

At the moment I feel that I have hit a bit of a plateau on my fitness level. Rather than get discouraged, however, I will look for areas that I have improved, even a little, and keep going. Next month we will participate in a new challenge intended to break through that plateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment