Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sometimes You Eat the Bear...

...And Sometimes the Bear Eats You...

Today, was a "bear eats me" kind of day.

My butt was already beaten down from yesterday's hero WOD practice. My arms were super-sore from rope climb practice, and today's WOD involved lots of snatches.

20 minutes to find the 1RM snatch, then
at 85% of that max, one power snatch every 30 seconds for 4 minutes.

My 1RM is 75#, but today I could not get past 65#. My form was way off, and I had great difficulty getting the "click." When I was done my joints hurt tremendously.

There are two kinds of WODs: The ones in which you go so hard you are left in a puddle of sweat, lying on the floor breathing like a dying animal, and the ones that force you to use your brain and execute difficult moves over and over. These leave you wanting to go off in a corner of the room and lick your wounded pride. Tonight was that WOD.

Let's just say the bear ate me. Next time I'll be feasting on the bear...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment