Friday, December 7, 2012

Good News, Bad News, or, Mother Said There Would be Days Like This

When I woke up this morning there was an anomaly in the atmosphere, and it was affecting my life. I woke up late, looked in the mirror and had such dark circles under my eyes I looked like I had been punched, in particular in my left eye. I dragged downstairs, got my coffee, and trudged to the box.

Okay, the good news first. I PR'ed my first weight. (PR means Personal Record.) I back squatted 125# where my baseline was 105#.

Now the bad news. I did not Rx the WOD. Translation: I did not do the WOD as prescribed. In fact, I did not even come close. The hideous truth is that everyone said, "good job," but I knew that I really hadn't done very well--they weren't the ones counting my reps.

The WOD was "Annie," 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 double unders and situps. I was able to complete about half of the required reps in 13:38. Everyone else was cleaning up. I was not able to master my rope or my frustration. I had difficulty with my rope, concern about my lower back (which is still sore from dead lifts on Wednesday) and at this point I can only do so many sit-ups, which today was around 100. I have no idea how many reps of jump rope I did, because I have to 3x the number on the WOD since I can't do a double-under. I just lost count.

Today was my worst CrossFit day so far. Good thing there will be more chances to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment