Wednesday, December 26, 2012

'Twas the Post-Christmast WOD

'Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house,
All the lazies were lazing, yes, even the mouse.
The kitties were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of chasing mice swam in their heads.
"It's all too much work" they thought with a yawn,
"I don't even have energy to walk 'cross the lawn."

When all of a sudden there 'rose such a clatter
The cats sprang from their beds, ran and hid from the matter.
Mom had just called, it was time for the WOD,
Get your butts out of bed, time to move, you sloth bods!

grab your ropes and let's move, 150 reps 'round
but don't even think you can sit your rear down.
50 pushups for you,
50 kettle bell swings,
50 situps,
50 squats
I wish we had rings...

Matthew answered the call, Glen and Molly did, too,
but the cats have a bit more CrossFit to do.
Seems they don't understand the concept of "fit"
"You got catnip for Christmas?
Hey, come on, let's get lit!"

Please tell me you didn't just read that. You did? Well, there's nothing I can do about it now. Anyway, that was the WOD for us today. I broke in the new Rx rope, got a couple more double-unders, and did extra reps just for fun. Matty and Glen both beat me by two minutes on the time, but I can say that there was no better feeling than the whole family standing with me while I finished saying, "C'mon Mom! You can do it! Finish strong!" and I did.

In other news, Glen and Matty built a 20x24x30" box for us yesterday. All we need are the handle holes cut and we are set for practicing box jumps at home! Matty can easily clear the 24" height. He feels a little fearful of the 30", but I'm sure he'll be clearing it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment