Friday, December 21, 2012

Apocalypse, 'schmocalypse!




Today's WOD was in honor of the coming apocalypse:

12 push-ups
21 lunges
12 kettle bell swings (KBS)
AMRAP (as many reps as possible) for 16 minutes.

I was pretty excited to do this WOD because I enjoy workouts where I am familiar with all the moves and don't have to worry about a learning curve. I thought I would crush it the way I did on Dec. 10th, but alas, today is a different day. This cold really kicked my behind, I have eaten more sugar than I ought, slept a bit less that I should have, and in general have been out of routine and out of sorts. I guess my expectations were a tad high. The warm-up felt pretty good until I had to do pull-ups and it seemed that I had to work really hard for every single one. I went at my first round of the WOD pretty hard, but realized that I had to use a bit more strategy when I still had 14 minutes to go and I felt done already. I decided to just go slow and steady, but by my third round of pushups I was nearly in tears. It just. felt. hard. Even so, I finished 5 full rounds, and was extremely grateful for the mobility and stretching work that Dan had us do afterward.

So if the apocalypse happens today, at least I worked out--maybe it will help if I have to run or fight someone. On the other hand, maybe it would be better if I was on a recovery day and not wasted. Now the question is, do I shower? I mean, I'd really hate it if the end comes while I'm in there, naked and vulnerable. I think I'll take a gamble and risk it...

No comments:

Post a Comment