Saturday, July 6, 2013

White Challenge

Ready to go!
Warming up
Warm-up climb
I hope I never do this WOD again. I did what I set out to do. I joined the class so that I could learn to climb the blasted rope. I did. Here's the WOD I did in 90+ degree blazing sunshine and lived to tell...

White
5 rounds
3 rope climbs ( I got 1, did walkups the rest of the way)
10 toes to bar (knee raises)
21 walking lunges @25# (15#)
400 m run

Time: 42:08 (it took me 7 minutes more this time due to the heat. I ended up walking almost the entire 3rd lap)

3-2-1 (Sorry, Jen, I tried to crop it!)
Getting it done... 
So glad my family was there to cheer for me...
bar work... 
my nemesis...running...
one of the many painful moments

My friend Emily, who has been affectionately nicknamed "Gymily"

I wish I had the picture that my friend Candace took of all three of us, Emily and Candace and myself all together, because we really did this TOGETHER. It was so very hot out there today--the redeeming quality of it all was having such great people to do this with, not to mention those who just came out to support us in this effort.

Here's a shout out to all the people who I appreciate today:

Candace and Emily--I love WODding with you girls.
Glen, Matty, and Molly--I love you--thanks for cheering and for being proud of me.
Jen, Allison, Lindsay, Amanda, Donna, Erica, and all the other ladies who suffered with us...
Michele for running that last hateful lap with me--you are a star!
Rachel--thanks for dragging me into this mess.
Paul, for talking to my hubs today and winning big points for the community.
Sara, for appreciating the small successes along the way, and really helping us to learn new skills.


U.S. Army First Lieutenant Ashley White, 24, of Alliance, Ohio, assigned to the 230th Brigade Support Battalion, 30th Heavy Brigade Combat Team, North Carolina National Guard, based in Goldsboro, North Carolina, died on October 22, 2011 in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, from wounds suffered when insurgents attacked her unit with an improvised explosive device. She is survived by her husband Captain Jason Stumpf, her parents Robert and Deborah, brother Josh, and sister Brittney.

No comments:

Post a Comment