Friday, July 19, 2013

Power Clean PR

Yep...another PR today.

For the last couple of weeks we have been doing a strength series--back squats, snatches, cleans. Today's work was this:

20 minutes to find 1 RM power clean

then, 5 minute EMOM 1 power clean at 90# of 1 RM

My last 1 RM on cleans was 105#, today I achieved 110#, a new personal best! I was able to successfully lift all of the reps at 90% (100#), and I left feeling good.

It is so hot outside. Every day going to CrossFit is one of those, "just get in the car and go, and work out the rest when you get there." I really dislike the heat, the dripping sweat, the feeling of the thick, humid air, but for the first time in my life, there is something that I love more than my hatred of the heat, and it keeps me coming back for more.

Here's to more PRs next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment