Sunday, March 24, 2013

13.3 Wall Ball Hell

Friday is the day that I normally go to the box. On Wednesday evening I watched the head-to-head competition of 13.3 for the CrossFit Open. It looked awful. I knew I was going to have to do that on Friday.

13.3
12 minutes
150 wall balls
90 double unders
30 muscle ups

Well, just looking at the description it is obvious that I am not going to be doing much on this WOD, but will require some major scaling. I scaled. I did 120 wall balls using a light ball in 12 minutes. Granted I know that the WODs are written for those in the top tier of competition and the rest of us punies claw our way through the 12 minutes of hell, so I'm not really complaining. I am really okay with what I can do, namely because my friend just told me that I really must buy new jeans because mine are now too baggy on me and I need to remedy that. CF and I are doing just fine, but I digress...

I had come to the conclusion that my wall balls were shoddy. I was iffy on hitting the target, resulting in too many no reps, I was not doing a full squat, I was catching and stopping, and for the life of me I could not get in a rhythm with this move. However this time (thanks to 13.3), something really clicked, and I got that rhythm. I expect to really improve my time and efficiency on the next WOD that uses them.

Yay! New jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment