Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fun Week at the Box

I already posted about Monday's WOD, but had not had time to post about Wednesday and Friday's yet. We've done a lot of running around enjoying spring break, getting haircuts, playing with friends, shopping...not blogging.

Wednesday's WOD was strange, but good. It was a couplet of 25 toes-to-bar (TTB), or knees as high as you can get them, paired with 50 double-unders or 150 singles, AMRAP in 20 minutes. I find TTB to be one of the most difficult moves so far, as I have yet to master what is known as "kipping"--that forward and backward rocking motion that gives the body momentum while hanging from the bar. By the end of the WOD, however, with that number of TTBs, I was getting the feel for it. After the met-con portion of the WOD, we were supposed to rest 5 minutes, then work on our 1 rep max clean and jerk. Initially I was thinking that there was no way I would have the strength to do that after 20 minutes of all that other stuff, but I found that I absolutely could, and added another 5 pounds to my PR while I was at it!

WOD Score: 5 rounds + 17 singles
C & J PR: 95#

Friday's WOD was 13.4, the 4th WOD of the CF Games Open. It was fast and furious--an ascending ladder by 3's of C&J paired with TTB. You can watch the pros tackle it here. Mine didn't look that pretty, I'm sure, but I gave it everything I had and crushed it to the best of my ability.

13.4 Score: 69 using 55#

After a great week of successful WODs, PRs and learning skills, it was great fun to go to the box Friday night with one of my BFFs and cheer on the CrossFit Woodbridge folks in our own open competition. I have gone every week so far, and it is loads of fun to support the people that I actually work out with and cheer them on as they compete against each other. Maybe next year? We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment